(1) Explore Smart Energy Projects
- Working groups were established for creating smart energy business projects through collaboration of various companies and organizations.
- Examine obstacles to promote smart energy business and try to find solutions, supporting from public sector.
- Business Environment Enhancement for targeted countries.(Energy saving standard, introduction of business plan)
- Formulation of finace scheme
- Establishment of public and private network in both domestic and abroad.
Co-Generation (CHP) Promotion
- For promoting Co-Generation (CHP) technologies which greatly contribute to energy saving and carbon reduction in the world, JASE-W established a Working Group for CHP Promotion in 2017. Putting special focus on Indonesia and collabolating with Japanese ministries, the WG has been made negotiations with Indonesian government and its electric power company.
- ZEB - (net) Zero Energy Building - is a concept that energy input and output for buildings should be ultimately equal by introducing energy efficient and renewable equipment. In order, especially for ASEAN countries to acknowledge the concept, JASE-W ZEB WG has been convening workshops and seminars in these countries to familiarize themselves with the concept and to announce a step-by-step approach for promoting ZEB is essential. The WG had also been working in the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) committee concerned (TC205). In September 2021, this step-by step approach was issued as TS23764 (Methodology for achieving non-residential zero-energy buildings (ZEBs)).
Turkey and the Black Sea Region
- Focusing on surrounding countries and major cities around the Black Sea where rapid energy transition is progressing by the prevalence of natural gas and gas pipeline networks, in 2020 JASE-W set up the WG to explore energy saving potentials and cooperative energy business opportunities in this region.
- Until now study meetings have been made among the WG members and public-private joint business mission to this area will be realize in the near future.
Geothermal Power Generation
- Looking for global business opportunity of geothermal power through advanced world-famous geothermal technologies developed by member companies.
- Formulate approaching strategy toward countries rich in geothermal resources such as the Philippines etc.
- Review supporting measures and policies to realize geothermal power generation projects.
Waste to Energy
- To seek Waste to Energy (WtE) projects in the world with the aims to disseminate Japanese advanced WtE plant technologies as truly socially and environmentally sound infrastructure system consistent with the situation of each country.
- The Working Group on WTE was established in 2017 and they drafted Handbook for the Quality WTE Infrastructure which pursues really beneficial facilities for each country. The concept of the Handbook has been broadly announced to many countries or at conferences related to APEC, for example.
- Also Japanese advanced WTE technologies has been demonstrated at many opportunities such as JASE-W Business Forums and Overseas Exhibitions.
- To date, technical visits and basic potential studies have been conducted for the Philippines, Indonesia, Turkey, and Brazil etc.
Working Group for Russia
- Concluded the MOU regarding Energy business projects between Russian Energy Agency(REA)
- Participated to Conference of "Energy Supply, Energy Saving, Energy Management in the Mining and Metallurgical industry-2018" and made the presentations of energy saving technologies.
(2) Create a matching occasion for energy professionals
Through the following initiatives in collaboration with the public and private sectors, we will comprehensively and practically support the development of energy-saving businesses of Japanese companies.
1) Dispatch missions to target countries to participate in Exhibitions or energy related meetings and events (including approaches using the web, etc.)
2) Hold overseas business forums for the purpose of business development of the Japanese companies
3) Others (dissemination of information domestically and internationally, survey analysis for discovering business projects, etc.)
Dispatch missions to target countries to participate in Exhibitions or energy related meetings and events
A mission consisting of the public and private sectors will be dispatched to countries where the possibility of concrete project realization and business establishment is expected based on a result of previously made research and analysis. Set matching opportunities between Japanese companies and partner countries, as necessary.
Hold overseas business forums for the purpose of business development of the Japanese companies
Forums are to be held to promote Japanese energy saving and renewable energy technologies to the target countries and to carry out business matching between Japanese and local companies together with the local government.
(3) Create "Japan Brand" in smart energy business overseas - Publishing "Japanese Smart Energy Products & Technologies"-
JASE-World published, "Japanese Smart Energy Products & Technologies" of
the members to disseminate smart energy products and technologies to the world and has featured on their homepage. It has been distributed widely at various occasions such as ministerial-level meetings, exhibitions, and forums. The current issue has 147 items. They are classified into 8 categories (factory, industries, office & building, residence, construction, transportation & logistics, power generation & distribution, renewable energy, enerrgy solutions). The data is available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Portgues, Russian and Vietnamese.
- 2018 April Mr. Aoyama, Chairman planning & Operation Committee handed to Mr.Amin, director General of International Renewable Energy Agency
- 2018 May Mr. Aoyama handed Mr. Harris, Director of Various New and Renewable Energy, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources Indonesia
(4) Upcoming Events in 2021